Golf Club Fitting & Repairs
Why should I have my clubs fitted and optimised?
Research has shown that all golfers benefit from having their sets properly custom fitted, with the golfer of an 8 handicap or above most typically likely to see a quick and significant improvement. (Tom Wishon former American PGA Member – Golf Equipment Designer and Researcher). Golfers with lower handicaps still consistently benefit from custom fitting.
It is no secret that both enjoyment and success in the game of golf depends mainly on 4 dynamically interchangeable key elements:
- Your physical fitness and mobility
- Your mental approach and attitude
- Your ability to produce a repeatable and consistent swing
- Your equipment and consequent confidence in its use
How does it work?
We centre the whole process around you, your clubs and how they can assist you in producing a repeatable and consistent swing. The experience gained in working this way means we can focus on providing you with clubs that are right for you and your swing. This will give you confidence, bring you satisfaction and enjoyment, which in turn improves your performance and helps you achieve your golfing aims.
We take pride in hand building your clubs to exact measurements, catering for ladies, gentlemen, juniors and seniors. We have made clubs and undertaken work for all handicap ranges and types of players including professionals, county players, scratch players, junior county players including a county junior Order of Merit winner, as well as county and club champions. We find it both very satisfying and rewarding when we hear or see a clients delight in their success and progress. Some of our most notable successes have been with club golfers of varying handicaps, whose enjoyment and improvement of their game has improved markedly.
We conduct our fitting sessions using the best available current technology and equipment either at Richard Lambert’s Studio at Crosland Heath Golf Club Huddersfield, where you have the benefit of both indoor and outdoor facilities and Trackman 4, or at Craig Helliwell’s indoor studio at Ripon City Golf Club where we use a GC2 Launch monitor.
All fittings are undertaken by pre-arranged appointments only, at times and locations to suit you.
What can I expect during a fitting?
During the consultation stage at your fitting session in addition to the usual data gathered by traditional methods we will also use a range of biometric data using sight, technology and experience to gradually work through a range of options to provide the optimum solution for you.
Once we have done this, and once you are satisfied with the proposed solution, we then order the components (we do not keep stock) and hand build your clubs in our workshop, paying close attention to detail. When hand building your clubs, we go through some additional build processes not usually undertaken on factory production lines to ensure that your club shafts are all orientated in the same way and are bespoke to your exact measurements. The result is that you can have full confidence in each club in your set every time you use them.
We only use brands who will supply high quality equipment in component form such as Miura, Grindworks, Tour Edge, Tom Wishon Golf (including their Single Length Irons), and Kronos Golf, rather than those brands who maintain a ‘factory only’ assembly approach. We carry a broad range of steel and carbon composite (graphite) shafts for fitting purposes including the distinguished and high performing ACCRA shafts, which can be personalised and customised for you. These are only available to custom builders and are used by many tour players.
- Looking for a part or full bag fitting? Please get in touch for our very competitive rates and advice.
- We carry an extensive range of demo golf equipment from Miura, Grindworks, Wishon and Kronos.
- Our club fitting service is comprehensive and can cover all aspects of your bag – driver, woods, hybrids, irons, wedges and putters.
- Typically, an iron fitting session can take between 1.5 and 2 hours.
- We also advise on and fit for driver and wood shaft replacements or upgrades using ACCRA shafts amongst others.
- If you purchase a set of 7 or more irons including wedges and hybrids, or a wood a sum of £35 from your fitting charge will be credited towards the overall cost of the items
- Our specialist putter fitting session can operate in two ways – focusing on the key fitting elements to improve your current putter OR introducing and fitting you to our premium range of Kronos Putters.
- We’ll look at the length, loft, lie angle, weight and grip choice to ensure the most important club in your bag is fitted perfectly to suit you.
- Our price includes any work carried out to alter the putter. New grips will incur an extra charge.
Loft & Lie Check
- Includes adjustments.
- Price is per club.
- Our loft and lie check service ensures your equipment is set up correctly and consistently throughout your bag – based upon accurate testing of your strike patterns.
- We will work together with you to evaluate your irons and then recommend and adjust the loft and lie angles to ensure optimum effectiveness.
- We can repair, re-shaft and re-grip virtually any club out there.
- We offer a repair service for ‘bore through’ clubs.
- We have access to a wide range of replacement shafts and grips to suit your requirements at very cost effective rates.
- We aim to complete the work as efficiently and quickly as possible
- We will give you a quote following discussions on your specific requirements.
Our club fitting and repairs services are suitable for ALL makes and types of clubs.
Best ever round today & couldn’t have been better! Clubs feeling great, love the wedges, irons & woods with Biomatch feel on song! I’m getting a hybrid fitting on Wednesday so will be in touch shortly regarding Biomatch.
Thanks!In terms of your service overall, I thought you were great, very informative and got back to me in timely fashion.SD
Hi Bruce, just a quick message to say irons are spot on!! Extra distance, better accuracy. Played nine holes and only missed one green in regulation. Still working on my distances but generally coming in with 2 clubs less than I was before. So job well done!
Had a set of 3 Miura wedges fitted and hand made for me. WOW!!! They look absolutely great and are clearly a quality product. Based on my grip Bruce fitted them with the new Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 grips which give me much better grip and feel and add to the beauty of the wedges. They are top quality and play great. I will be back.